High profile entertainment male executive sexually harasses and batters female staffer.
- Case Name: Lauren Reeves v. Hologram USA, Inc., Alki David Productions, Inc., Filmon TV, Inc. and Alkiviades ("Alki") David
- Court and Case Number: Los Angeles Superior Court / BC643099
- Date of Verdict or Judgment: Tuesday, October 15, 2019
- Date Action was Filed: Wednesday, December 07, 2016
- Type of Case: Sexual Battery, Sexual Harassment
- Judge or Arbitrator(s): Hon. Terry A. Green
Plaintiffs: Lauren Reeves, 36.
Defendants: Hologram USA, Inc., Alki David Productions, Inc., and Alkiviades ("Alki") David
- Type of Result: Jury Verdict
- Gross Verdict or Award: $5,000,000
Award as to each Defendant:
$650,000 as to all defendants.
$4,350,000 as to defendant Alkiviades David
Past and future medical expenses: $100,000
- Trial or Arbitration Time: 10 days.
- Jury Deliberation Time: 1 day.
Attorney for the Plaintiff:
Allred Maroko & Goldberg by Nathan Goldberg and Dolores Y. Leal, Los Angeles.
Attorney for the Defendant:
Venable LLP by Elyn Garofalo and Amir Kaltgrad, Los Angeles.
Plaintiff’s Medical Expert(s):
C. Buf Meyer, Ph.D., psychology, Los Angeles.
Defendant's Medical Expert(s):
Facts and Background
Facts and Background:
Lauren Reeves worked as Head of Comedy and was in charge of booking high profile comedians for defendants' new Hologram Theatre opening in Hollywood. Ms. Reeves alleged, inter alia, that she was subjected to sexual harassment, sexual batteries, and other batteries by Alkiviades (“Alki”) David, the Chief Executive Officer of the two companies for whom she worked.
Some of the incidents which were alleged included but were not limited to:
Mr. David asked Ms. Reeves if she had seen his “mangina” on Instagram. When Ms. Reeves said “no,” he instructed her to wait where she was, as he disappeared into one of the offices. Seconds later he walked out of the office naked with his penis tucked between his legs, In a loud voice, Mr. David said, “This is a mangina!”
Mr. David grabbed Ms. Reeves’ finger, put it in his mouth, and sucked on it in a very sexual manner.
Mr. David told Ms. Reeves that her “finger tastes like celebrity balls” (a reference to a celebrity whom Ms. Reeves was dating at the time).
Mr. David asked Ms. Reeves if she wanted to have sex with him and added, “just so you know, you could have sex with me whenever you want.”
Mr. David told Ms. Reeves he needed to go to a zip-tie store to buy supplies for his “rape room,” explaining that he liked to “tie women up.”
As Ms. Reeves walked up the stairs, Mr. David said, “I like the view,” and then grabbed her buttocks, stating that she had “buns of steel.”
Mr. David took off his belt and slapped Ms. Reeves on the buttocks.
Mr. David put his hands around Ms. Reeves’ throat in front of a third party.
Mr. David pulled his pants down, grabbed Ms. Reeves’ head and forcefully pushed her face into his crotch.
As a result of the final incident of sexual battery on September 16, 2016, Ms. Reeves was forced to resign her employment.
Defendants denied all allegations.
Injuries and Other Damages
Psychological and emotional distress injuries.
- Special Damages Claimed - Past Medical: $20,000.00
- Special Damages Claimed - Future Medical: $80,000.00
- Special Damages Claimed - Past Lost Earnings: 0
- Special Damages Claimed - Future Lost Earnings: 0