Real estate agent assaulted at listed property. $2.54 million bench verdict. Orange County.
Real estate agent assaulted by young man on drugs as she locks house she had listed for sale.
- Case Name: Beverly P. v. John Thomas Glenn
- Court and Case Number: Orange County Case / 30-2014-00750178-CU-PO-CJC
- Date of Verdict or Judgment: Friday, August 14, 2015
- Date Action was Filed: Tuesday, October 14, 2014
- Type of Case: Assault and Battery
- Judge or Arbitrator(s): Hon. Kirk H. Nakamura
Plaintiffs: Beverly P., 55, real estate agent.
Defendants: John Thomas Glenn
- Type of Result: Bench Verdict
- Gross Verdict or Award: $2,547,350.60
Attorney for the Plaintiff: Matthew P. Blair, Esq.George Chakmakis, Esq.
Attorney for the Plaintiff:
Law Offices of Matthew P. Blair by Matthew P. Blair, Beverly Hills.
George Chakmakis, Beverly Hills.
Attorney for the Defendant:
John Thomas Glenn
Facts and Background
Facts and Background:
On October 11, 2014, the plaintiff, a 55-year-old real estate agent, was attacked by defendant John Glenn, a 23-year-old who claimed he was under the influence of drugs. The defendant approached plaintiff from behind as she secured the lock box of a home she had just listed; strangling her and beating her with his fists. As a result of this attack, the plaintiff suffered physical injuries to her head, neck, and jaw, as well as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). In addition to physical injuries, the plaintiff also suffered substantial wage loss as she was only able to return to one of her two jobs.
Injuries and Other Damages
Physical Injuries claimed by Plaintiff:
Head, neck, and jaw injuries, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Loss of Earnings