Two defendant drivers dispute which one caused the crash, and both dispute the extent of plaintiff's injuries.
- Case Name: Endreszl v. Serrano, et al.
- Court and Case Number: Los Angeles Superior Court / BC719841
- Date of Verdict or Judgment: Wednesday, June 15, 2022
- Date Action was Filed: Wednesday, August 29, 2018
- Type of Case: Vehicles - Lane Change
- Judge or Arbitrator(s): Hon. Michele E. Flurer
Plaintiffs: Richard Endreszl, Jr.
Defendants: Abraham Benjamin Serrano and Michael Manouk Antonyan
- Type of Result: Jury Verdict
- Gross Verdict or Award: $8,251,686.46
Award as to each Defendant:
$8,251,686.46 toward Michael Manouk Antonyan
- Contributory/Comparative Negligence: None.
Past medical expenses: $411,123.46
Future medical expenses: $945,625
Past lost earnings: $200,488
Future lost earnings/lost earning capacity: $883,170
- Trial or Arbitration Time: May 24, 2022 to June 2, 2022
- Post Trial Motions & Post-Verdict Settlements: Motion for new trial has been denied.
Attorney for the Plaintiff:
Quirk Law Firm, LLP by Trevor Quirk, Ventura.
Attorney for the Defendant:
Provan Law by Michael Provan, San Diego. (For Serrano.)
Murchinson & Cumming, LLP by Nancy Potter, Los Angeles. (For Antonyan.)
Plaintiff’s Medical Expert(s):
Ardalan Alen Nourian, M.D., orthopedic surgery.
Defendant's Medical Expert(s):
Ronald Scott Kvitne, M.D., orthopedic surgery.
Plaintiff's Technical Expert(s):
Eugene M. Vanderpol, biomechanics.
Jennifer Craigmyle, life care planning.
Phillip Sidlow, economics.
Defendant's Technical Expert(s):
Christopher Furbish, biomechanics.
Roger Thrush, vocational rehabilitation.
Facts and Background
Facts and Background:
The case involves a three-car collision. The three cars were driven by plaintiff Richard Endreszl, a 37-year-old delivery driver at the time of the crash, and Abraham Benjamin Serrano, Jr. and Manouk Michael Antonyan. Endreszl filed this lawsuit against Serrano and Antonyan. Serrano and Antonyan agree Endreszl did not cause the crash.
Serrano and Antonyan disputed who was at fault. Serrano and Antonyan are suing each other over who caused the crash.
That defendants caused the crash (undisputed) and that he suffered severe injuries to his spine.
In addition to disputing who caused the crash, Serrano and Antonyan disputed the nature and extent of plaintiff's past and future injuries, the costs of his past and future medical bills, the value of his lost wages and the value of his past and future pain and suffering.
Injuries and Other Damages
Physical Injuries claimed by Plaintiff:
Orthopedic injuries to the lumbar spine requiring the need for a spinal stimulator implant.
Demands and Offers
- Plaintiff §998 Demand: $600,000